Boots reimbursement promotion ("Conditions of Claim")
Gem Boots Promotion
Gem Products UK Limited, 16 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London United Kingdom WC2B 5AH.
Start date:15/10/23 at 12:01 am
End date:25/10/23 at 11:59 pm
Claims are only open to residents of the United Kingdom, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and persons professionally connected to the promotion and their immediate families. Claimants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
How to Claim:
To claim the cash back offer, the claimant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a) purchase any Gem product from any Boots store in the UK ("Participating Venues"); and
b) visit https://gem-products.co.uk/pages/boots-promo, follow the prompts to the Promotion claim form page; and fully complete and submit the online claim form with their personal details (first name, last name and email address), upload a photo/scanned copy of their receipt for the purchase and photo of the Gem product packaging (product packaging must be ripped open and signed by the claimant) and provide their bank account details as requested for EFT refund.
Proof of Purchase: The claimant must retain proof of purchase. The proof of purchase required is an original receipt for the qualifying product and the Gem product packaging.
Online purchases at https://www.boots.com are not eligible for this offer.
In the event that the claimant is unable to provide a clear scanned copy/photo of the proof of purchase for their qualifying purchase, with their claim submission, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion, deem the claim invalid and forfeit the claimant's right to any cash back reward. The proof of purchase receipt must clearly specify the store of purchase as a Participating Venue, that the purchase requirement was met and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to submitting the claim.
Limit one (1) cash back claim permitted per person in total for the entire Promotion. Limit one (1) claim permitted per qualifying transaction (if multiple Gem items are purchased in the one (1) transaction, cash back may only be claimed for the lowest priced Gem product purchased within the transaction).
Cash Back Details:
If a claimant purchases and submits a claim for the qualifying transaction specified above, the cash back reward they receive is a refund of the price of the least expensive Gem product purchased within the transaction (based on the purchase price specified on the receipt submitted, and including VAT) up the maximum refund cap of £16. The cash back amount will be paid by direct deposit to the successful claimant’s bank account, subject to verification by the Promoter.
The Promoter shall not be held responsible for any failure by the claimant to provide correct bank details on the claim form, and subsequently, for any non-receipt of cash back resulting from such an omission.
- The claimant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and that claiming the cash back offer (“gift”) in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Claim have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the claimant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- If the gift is claimed by a person under the age of 18, the gift may be awarded to the claimant's parent or guardian and where applicable to the gift a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- Claimants must keep their proof of purchase specified in How to Claim for each claim as proof of purchase ("Proof of Purchase"). If a claimant fails to produce the Proof of Purchase for a specific claim or each claim, as and when requested by the Promoter, the Promoter has the right to invalidate the claimant's respective claim/claims for which Proof of Purchase cannot be provided and/or all claims submitted by that claimant and/or forfeit the claimant's right to a gift. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify: (a) the store of purchase as an eligible store; (b) the required product/s or service/s to be purchased for entry; and (c) that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period and prior to entry. If the Promoter invalidates a claim and forfeits the claimant’s right to a gift, the Promoter may require a gift already awarded to be returned to the Promoter or a Participating Venue.
- No gift may be exchanged or transferred.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the claimant.
- If a gift is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the gift is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party gift supplier. The terms and conditions which apply to the gift at the time it is issued to the claimant will prevail over these Conditions of Claim, to the extent of any inconsistency.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a gift.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of claims and claimant's details (including a claimant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a claimant cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their claim, the claimant will forfeit the gift in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a gift. Claims containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to claim a gift. The use of multiple email addresses, social media accounts, phone numbers, or any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to (a) automatically claim repeatedly or (b) claim in a manner that is unfair or not in the spirit of the Promotion are prohibited and may render all claims submitted by that individual invalid. Bulk claims or votes made from trade, consumer groups or third parties are invalid and will not be accepted. If the Promoter reasonably becomes aware that a claimant has attempted to circumvent this condition, that claimant's claims will be disqualified and any gift awarded will be void.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify claims in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Claim. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each claimant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any gift (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The claimant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the claimant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the gift or acceptance of the gift.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- If any of these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such term or condition shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms and conditions, be deemed omitted from these Conditions of Claim (and Schedule) and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining Conditions of Claim (and Schedule).
- This promotion, these Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with either of them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable laws (based on where the Promoter is located). Claimants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales (or other jurisdictions in the United Kingdon, as applicable) shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.